The Annual OD Forum
New Zealand's premier organisational development event
Every year Thought Partners welcomes leaders, OD & HR specialists, change management practitioners and academics to our November OD Forum in Wellington.
We are adventurous in our selection of contributors, so that alongside mainstream examples we look beyond the obvious and into lesser known alleys where sound principles of organisation development are guiding bespoke initiatives.
We aim to be persuasive with our belief that good learning comes from hearing what others have done and their analysis of what worked and what didn't.
The obejctives of the OD Forum are to:
- Share innovation and best practice in organisational development
- Present case-studies in change management carried out in New Zealand and elsewhere.
- Network, make connections and be challenged.
- Promote organisation development as a way to improve performance, function more effectively and change in substantial ways.
Each Forum has a particular organisational development theme which underpins the contributions of a fine group of presenters, for example, the 2011 theme was OD in Aotearoa - Finding our own way. We organise the Forum so there is ample opportunity to engage in focused conversation and inquiry. You can listen to great OD stories, engage with leaders and think about what you can take away and apply, all of which will come to you through:
- Keynote speakers and conversations with CEOs
- Case studies that reveal lessons learned
- 'Deep dives' into selected tough problems
- Panels of renowned commentators
The Forum is for:
- Senior Leaders responsible for developing their organisations.
- Senior OD practioners in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
- Academics with a teaching or research interest in OD.
Senior leaders and their internal OD professionals are encouraged to attend together.
Have a look at some feedback from last year:
"Great to hear a straight talking CE, he was insightful and had me thinking particularly about the function of IT and how broadly we should be thinking about it and the importance it will play in driving government forwards."
"Heart warming, inspirational and very dynamic workshop. This casestudy was excellent because it gave examples of how 'real' solutions are being implemented for 'real' issues within NZ. He tangata."
"As a team we got to hear the information and can discuss the issues later. Shared the load of trying to attend all the workshops. Wider networking for our organisation."